Hubungi Kami

How to Design a Professional Blog The new Look of Living from Passive Income


A couple of weeks ago I got into the idea of ​​changing the design of this blog, and I launched it. Next I explain the Framework that I use, which template I have decided to change and which have been the most notable changes, in case you need to design a professional blog .
If you are a regular reader of my blog, you may have noticed that I have not published anything for more than 15 days, something unusual for me, since I usually publish between 2 or 3 posts per week.
This is because I've been working on changing the design of my blog completely, trying to improve the conversion rate of the blog, to increase profits.

The basis of the success of a blog.

The success of a blog lies in three aspects: Design, content and strategy .
Since I launched this blog more than 2 years ago, I have focused on developing a strategy based on two main factors: SEO Onpage and keywords Long Tail.
I've also done some SEO Offpage, but let's say it's not the strong point of my blog.
On the other hand, I have also focused on generating quality content. Not only the content that I publish in my posts, but also in the mini-course that I offer free to readers who decide to subscribe.
A few months ago I dedicated myself to improving this mini-course, trying to improve the sales funnel of this platform, with better content and improving the autoresponders that the subscriber receives.
And now I have thought that the aspect that I needed to improve was the design of the blog .
So far I have managed to take this blog to receive almost 1,000 visits a day, but with the changes made in the different areas, and with much more work, effort and perseverance, I hope to multiply those visits by 3 or 4.

What was wrong with the previous template?

Any.
Previously I used the template Genesis (mother template) to dry, the Genesis Framework , without using any template mother.
If you do not understand these concepts, to explain it briefly and without detours, the Genesis Framework uses a template that must be installed in your blog, and then install a template "above" that mother template.
The mother template is responsible for the structure and general aspects of the blog design and the daughter template only retouches the small details of design.
The previous design was very good, but I wanted to start using a new design that would help me achieve certain objectives.
genesis framework

Objectives of the new design.

  1. Transmit with the design the same message that I intend to transmit with the content.
  2. Improve the user experience.
  3. Increase conversion rates, both in subscribers and in sales.


How to design a professional blog Main changes in the design of the blog.

Home del blog.

One of the main reasons why I wanted to change the design was to completely change the home or main page of the blog.
Nowadays it is not enough to have a main page with a simple list of the last published posts, but it is used to let you know your readers, explain how you can help them and offer them your products or services.
This is something that I needed to improve in my blog.
The first thing I did was visit StudioPress and to my surprise, one of the available templates is the template of the Smart Passive Income blog by Pat Flynn, one of my favorite blogs.
Idea2blog
design professional blog

When Pat developed this template for his blog, he devoted a lot of time to improving the small details of it to improve the user experience and to improve conversions.
The main page of that template I loved, so without thinking twice, I bought the template (You can buy this template here ).
The good thing about always using the Genesis Framework, is that when changing from one child template to another, as the structure of the blog is the same (the mother template) the blog has not lost its position in Google.
On the other hand, we must bear in mind that the Genesis Framework is simply the best Framework that exists for WordPress , so I do not intend to change it.

In the new home there are the following changes:
  • Main message with which the visitor is told quickly what my blog consists of and what it can achieve with me.
  • Easy access to the categories of the blog and the main pages of it.
  • Section that I will launch shortly where the reader can access the services I offer to help you achieve your goal.
  • Section where I expose the main tools that I recommend and that may be useful to the reader.
  • Latest posts published.
  • Easy access to the free blogging course and webinar.

Change of colors and sizes.

I have changed the colors of the blog, using blue, the color that I love and gives a certain feeling of freedom (sea, air ...).
I use the green color for the subscription buttons. Color that according to various studies, is the colors that get the highest conversion rate.
I have also changed the size of the letters, both the text of the paragraphs and the titles, something that is fashionable, and that improves the user experience.

Outside sidebar.

I have removed the sidebar in the posts, eliminating the distractions and letting the content of the post be the only protagonist.
There is only sidebar on the "blog" page and in the categories, but it only contains a fixed subscription form.

Subscription forms.

The number of subscription forms to be used and the location of them is a very delicate issue, since a balance must be achieved between getting the largest number of subscribers, and not overwhelming readers with forms and pop-ups.
I have placed forms in the following places:
  • Homepage.
  • Page about.
  • In the sidebar of the "blog" pages and categories.
  • At the end of each post.
  • In the footer (clearly visible on all pages).
design a professional blog

Conclusion. Do you need to design a professional blog?

So far all the details of this new face-lift of the blog.
I have yet to create a logo for the blog, something I will do in the coming weeks, as I still do not know how I want it.
I hope that as a reader and part of this project you liked the change and let me know in a comment, even if you did not like the change 😉
I am also open to suggestions since I may still make some changes.
Do you need to design a professional blog?
Do not hesitate and visit StudioPress to hire one of the Genesis Framework templates, the best Framework for WordPress.
*Harga sewaktu-waktu bisa berubah tanpa pemberitahuan lebih dulu
 
Created By SoraTemplates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates